Sunday, July 31, 2011

Melting!


As many of you already know we are living through one of the HOTTEST summers in a long time. We have lost two chickens to the heat, but all of the other animals are doing well. We are checking on the animals several times a day in this heat, making sure that they all have cool water to drink during the day. The garden didn't do as well as I had hoped this year, but that is OK. I am getting ready to plant my fall garden. I grew a new type of cabbage this year that is actually doing very well, it is called
Couer De Beouf Des Vertus. I have NO idea how to pronounce it, but it is growing well, though it is very vulnerable to the c
abbage worm so I have to go out and hand pick the worms and eggs, but I am about to harvest the cabbage and I bet that it will be worth it. I just love cabbage and I am so excited to try this one!
Here is what it looks like. Please be sure to support you local farmers, without you we would soon cease to exist!

No comments: