Saturday, January 7, 2012

Life is SO good

Today I posted this on facebook:

it is like a warm spring morning on the farm...I can smell the rain in the distance, the roosters and chasing and calling, then hens are scratching and escaping, the ducks and geese are talking and swimming and life here is so good it just takes my breath away.

I came into the house after dumping the compost and Good Life by OneRepublic is playing on my iPod, and though he is not talking about farm life I can apply some of the lyrics to my life here on the farm. I could complain about a lot of things, things that I have not gotten done, about the constant contamination of my farm pond, the lack of good fencing.... but I just can't. I go outside and instead I see all the beauty and I realize how very luck I am to be alive, to have a little piece of heaven here in this beautiful town of Berea. I love my chickens, ducks and especially my geese. I love my cold frames and my farm cats, and visits from the neighbors peacock. I love the birds in my feeders. When there is so much to be thankful for it just seems like complaining about anything is a waste of this very very short life that we have here on earth. The weather is due to turn brutally cold again, and even then when I have to defrost the waters and freeze my fingers off to feed the farm animals I will not complain. I will come in the house, enjoy a cup of tea and look through my seed catalogs and dream of all the wonderful possibilities that spring will bring. Life is going by too fast. Enjoy every second.

This has gotta be the good life
This had gotta be the good life
This could really be a good good life.
When your happy like a fool, let it take you over.

No comments: